We are thrilled that you are interested in Certification! Our team is here to assist you, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions along the way!
The process for becoming a Certified member of CCCC:
Prepare Your Ministry
- Become an affiliate member with CCCC. If your organization is not already an affiliate member, join now to begin enjoying all the resources and benefits of affiliate membership right away. Your membership fee will count towards your Certification fees once you are approved for Certification.
- Review the Certification Program Guide, including the detailed Standards of Accountability, to implement any changes that are required to bring your organization into compliance with the Standards.
Submit Your Application
Annual Certified Membership Fees (2019)
||The base fee is due with your application. The base fee is reduced by any membership fees previously paid for the calendar year (e.g. affiliate membership fee).
||$46* per $100,000 of official receipted income as per the charity’s T3010 (Annual Information Return). The maximum additional fee is $4,600.
||The additional fee is billed on a pro-rata basis for the calendar year and is assessed at the time of approval.
* Both fees are reviewed annually. Fee changes, if any, are implemented each January.
- Wait for your application to be reviewed by CCCC. Once the review is complete, CCCC staff will provide a detailed report that
- confirms compliance; or
- outlines any necessary steps to achieve compliance.
- Receive approval. Once compliance is confirmed, CCCC will provide a formal letter of congratulations, along with an invoice for the additional fee. Shortly following approval, your charity will receive a framed certificate with the Seal of Accountability, along with access to promotional resources, so that you can share the news that you are Certified.
Display the Seal
Once approved, we encourage you to use all the promotional materials available to spread the news that your ministry has earned the Seal of Accountability!
- Display the Seal of Accountability on your website and materials.
- Complete your profile on GiveConfidently.ca.
- Order free promotional inserts to include with your donation receipts and/or fundraising appeals.
Continue to uphold the Standards and demonstrate compliance by participating in the annual confirmation of compliance and periodic onsite field reviews.
- Annual Reviews – Submit an annual confirmation of compliance (checklist) along with key documents (e.g., audited financial statements, T3010) to CCCC.
The annual compliance form is due six months following your charity’s year-end. CCCC reviews the information and sends notification confirming compliance or requesting additional information.
- Field Reviews – Onsite visits are carried out by CCCC representatives every three-to-five years. The onsite review provides us with the opportunity to meet with key personnel and review additional documentation in more detail.
- Non-Compliance – The member will be notified as quickly as possible of any identified area of non-compliance. CCCC will provide a specific time frame in which the charity should demonstrate compliance.
We are here to help! We will make every effort to help the charity achieve compliance.
Curtis, Manager, Certification would love to hear from you and answer your questions.
Curtis J. Towns, CPA, CMA