The Canadian Council of Christian Charities has launched a brand new website dedicated to helping Christian ministries acquire new donors. It is located at www.giveconfidently.ca.
Finding good charities to give to
David Johnson, Director of Certification at CCCC, says “Certified charities work hard to obtain (and keep) the Seal of Accountability by complying with high standards. The new website is a wonderful way to showcase charities that have demonstrated a commitment to integrity.” We wanted to find a way to celebrate and promote these worthy charities and help them secure additional support. The new website helps in several ways:
- Donors can find out different ways of giving (including RRIFs and RRSPs, bequests and securities)
- Donors can learn how to evaluate a charity and find out why giving to a CCCC-Certified charity can help them give confidently and generously
- CCCC Certified members can create profiles, including information about the ministry and links to video, annual reports, volunteer opportunities, and contact info. Donors can also ask a question which will go directly to the charity.
- Donors can find charities to support in several ways:
- They can search by charity name
- They can search by country (or province in Canada)
- They can search by ministry focus, such as evangelism
- They can combine these searches
Here are the nine standards that Certified members adhere to in order to be worthy of receiving the Seal of Accountability from CCCC:
- They are a Christian ministry.
- They have an independent, active governing board.
- They have audited financial statements.
- They publicly disclose their financial statements.
- They have a board committee that provides oversight to the financial audit.
- They pursue the highest standards of integrity.
- They commit to an ethical fundraising policy.
- They evaluate their programs for effectiveness and efficiency.
- They follow a code of accountability.
If you’d like your Christian ministry to be Certified, here’s where you can find more information.