Managing Restricted Funds
Many charities set up one or more restricted funds. This is done most often to honour a donor's restriction request or to provide a way for donors to direct their gifts to a specific project or longer-term purpose outside of the General Fund. Though there are good reasons to set up restricted funds, the charity's leadership must understand that doing so sets up a special purpose charitable trust, which has several implications for the charity.
In this high-level webinar we will answer the most frequently asked questions about restricted funds:
- Should my charity set up restricted funds?
- What are the rules and implications of saying "yes" to setting up a special purpose charitable trust via a restricted fund?
- What is the importance of proper polices (e.g., a Donor-Restricted Gift Policy)?
- What is the difference between externally and internally restricted funds?
- How can control be exerted through proper accounting and financial presentation for restricted funds?
Length: 22 mins 55 sec
Presenter: Gilbert Langerak
CCCC Members have unlimited, free access to this webinar. Non-members must purchase this webinar. Each order is valid for 14 days from the date of purchase and may be shared with any board or staff member within your ministry.