Taxable Benefits: A Review for Charity Employers
This high-level overview will cover the most common questions regarding taxable benefits:
- When is a benefit or allowance taxable?
- What Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidance is available?
- How do we handle allowances (e.g., for car, travel, books, training)?
- When are employer-paid insurance premiums taxable or tax-exempt?
- How are Registered Pension Plan (RPP) and RRSP contributions treated for tax purposes?
- When are gifts and awards taxable or tax-exempt?
- What are the side-effects of housing allowances re: the clergy residence deduction?
- How do religious labels on payments reconcile with tax reality?
Length: 27 mins 46 sec
Presenter: Gil Langerak
Select CCCC webinars are available for purchase by non-members (pricing below.)
Receive notifications for upcoming events, newly published resources, and more!
Never miss an event, webinar, or conference ever again. Receive notifications straight to your email by subscribing to our “CCCC Events & Webinars” emails. We respect your privacy and inbox capacity, and will only send you the information you need to know.