Taxable Benefits: A Review for Charity Employers
This high-level overview will cover the most common questions regarding taxable benefits:
- When is a benefit or allowance taxable?
- What Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidance is available?
- How do we handle allowances (e.g., for car, travel, books, training)?
- When are employer-paid insurance premiums taxable or tax-exempt?
- How are Registered Pension Plan (RPP) and RRSP contributions treated for tax purposes?
- When are gifts and awards taxable or tax-exempt?
- What are the side-effects of housing allowances re: the clergy residence deduction?
- How do religious labels on payments reconcile with tax reality?
Length: 27 mins 46 sec
Presenter: Gil Langerak
CCCC Members have unlimited, free access to this webinar. Non-members must purchase this webinar. Each order is valid for 14 days from the date of purchase and may be shared with any board or staff member within your ministry.