More Than a “Human Resource” (Recorded Seminar)
This recorded seminar will provide a Christian perspective on navigating three key aspects of the ministry employment relationship: hiring, employee development & care, and parting.
This session will cover
- The Hiring Process
- How do I write a job description?
- What can I ask in an interview?
- What are the key elements of an employment contract?
- What kind of background checks should be conducted?
- How much should I pay?
- What benefits should be provided?
- What should I include in new employee orientation?
- Employee Development & Care
- Creating a development plan
- Providing performance feedback
- Building teamship
- Parting Ways
- Understanding the types of voluntary and involuntary departures (resignations, layoffs, terminations, and retirements)
- Learning lessons from Canadian case law
- Avoiding additional costs when terminating employees
- Issuing the record of employment—special considerations
This recorded seminar includes a PDF of the presentation slides and over 40 pages of additional resources, including a sample job description, sample interview questions, a reference checklist, a sample sick leave policy, and a sample employment agreement.
Length: 2 hours 24 mins
Presenters: Chris Hall
Date of original recording: October 7, 2014
Intended Audience: Ministry leaders and managers, pastors , church administrators
Each order is valid for 18 months from the date of purchase and may be shared with any board or staff member within your ministry.