Brian Platt, of the National Post, has published the 2019 Attestation for the Canada Summer Jobs program. I am posting a copy of the form here; read the entire article here. We will be responding shortly.
The 2019 attestation
Below is the 2019 attestation in full, plus the eligibility criteria for employers and projects.
1. I have read, understood and will comply with the Canada Summer Jobs Articles of Agreement;
2. I have all the necessary authorities, permissions and approvals to submit this application on behalf of myself and my organization;
3. The job would not be created without the financial assistance provided under a potential contribution agreement;
4. Any funding under the Canada Summer Jobs program will not be used to undermine or restrict the exercise of rights legally protected in Canada.
• Members of the House of Commons and the Senate
• Federal Government Departments and Agencies
• Provincial and Territorial Departments and Agencies
• Organizations that engage in partisan political activities
Ineligible Projects and Job Activities:
• Projects consisting of activities that take place outside of Canada;
• Activities that contribute to the provision of a personal service to the employer;
• Partisan political activities;
• Fundraising activities to cover salary costs for the youth participant; or
• Projects or job activities that:
– restrict access to program, services, employment or otherwise discriminate, contrary to applicable laws, on the basis of prohibited grounds, including sex, age, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, colour, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression;
– advocate intolerance, discrimination and/or prejudice; or
– actively work to undermine or restrict a woman’s access to sexual and reproductive health services.