- Coronavirus: Inform & Prepare Your Organization
- COVID-19: T3010 Filing Extension & CCCC Resources
- Essential Workplaces in Ontario: What about Churches and Charities?
- COVID-19: Government Support for Charities
- COVID-19: CCCC Advocates for Churches
- COVID-19: CCCC Advocates for Churches – UPDATE
- COVID-19: Ontario Limits Gatherings to FIVE people
- COVID-19: Manitoba Limits Public Gatherings to TEN people
- COVID-19: Ontario PGT Allows Charities to Access Restricted Funds
- COVID-19: Provincial and Territorial Reference Chart
- COVID-19: Options for Corporate AGMs in Ontario
- COVID-19: Corporations Canada Extends Return Deadlines
- COVID-19: Churches, Gathering Limits & Virtual Worship
- COVID-19: Canada Summer Jobs 2020 Expansion
- COVID-19: Alberta Suspends In-Person Meetings under Societies Act
- COVID-19: Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) Q&A
- COVID-19: CRA Charities Directorate Resumes Call Centre Operations
- COVID-19: CCCC Calls for a Matching Funds Program to Support Charities
- COVID-19: Flexibility for Corporate AGMs in BC, Nova Scotia, Ontario
- COVID-19: Accessing Restricted Funds – Clarifications from the Ontario Public Guardian & Trustee
- COVID-19: Re-Opening Plans Across Canada
- COVID-19: A Call to Include Religious Organizations in Re-Opening Plan
- COVID-19: Options for Federal Corporate AGMs
- COVID-19: Privacy Commissioner’s Videoconferencing Tips
- COVID-19: National Survey – Finding the Way Forward Together
- COVID-19: Ontario Allows Drive-in Worship Services
- COVID-19: Private Schools Now Eligible for CEWS
- COVID-19: Canada Emergency Community Support Fund Applications Open!
- COVID-19: Virtual AGMs in Saskatchewan & Manitoba
- COVID-19: CEWS Consultation
- Church Doors Are Opening!
- Ontario Churches & Re-Opening Guidance
- AGM Deadline Extended for Federal Charities
- Charter Rights 101
- AGMs for Federally Incorporated Charities Back to Normal… Sort of
- Alberta Back to Step 1 + Restrictions
- From Shutdown to Shut-In: Ontario Issues Stay-At-Home Order
- AGM Options Across Canada: 2021 Edition
- Provinces Release 2021 Reopening Plans
- Ontario Allows Worship Services to Resume
- Alberta Set to Lift All Restrictions July 1
- BC Eliminates Restrictions on Religious Gatherings
- CRA Hosting Q&A on Canada Recovery Hiring Program
- Saskatchewan Removes All Public Health Orders, Ontario Revises
- Ontario’s New Emergency Order
Have you applied for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)? Have you experienced challenges with the program? Do you have recommendations about adjustments? The Department of Finance is looking for feedback to “maximize employment in Canada and encourage growth.”
Your feedback can help inform potential changes to the program. This is a great opportunity for charities to share their unique experiences and challenges as it relates to CEWS.
The CEWS consultation will close June 5.
There is a survey and a series of open-ended questions for more in-depth feedback. Your in-depth feedback can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The eight questions are:
- Are there specific challenges associated with the CEWS program? For example, are there challenges with respect to its accessibility, its incentive impacts, or any other aspect?
- What adjustments to the CEWS would you propose to provide the right level of support to those most affected by the pandemic while supporting the economic recovery?
- Would adding complexity to the CEWS program be acceptable in order to expand access to this support, or better target support to those who need it?
- To what extent are employers using the CEWS to provide support to furloughed employees as compared to using it as a means to pay active employees? Do employers value maintaining ties with furloughed employees by keeping them on the payroll? Should the level of support for furloughed employees be the same as for active employees?
- What are the key barriers to rehiring workers recently laid off due to the pandemic?
- Are there specific factors that are preventing or discouraging employers from applying for the CEWS?
- If you are a seasonal business are there any unique challenges you are facing in relation to the CEWS?
- How do you foresee the CEWS interacting with the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) over this extended period? Do you have any additional comments about the CERB?
Ministry workers are invited to share how they are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic within their organization in our online community forum, The Green: COVID-19 Response Room.
Noteworthy is provided for general information purposes and does not constitute legal or professional advice. Every organization’s circumstances are unique. Before acting on the basis of information contained in this blog, readers should consult with a qualified lawyer for advice specific to their situation.