Nominate a Volunteer! Canada’s Volunteer Awards Nominations Close June 21

Canada’s Volunteer Awards (“CVA”) are still open for nominations! More than 15,000 volunteers share of their time, skills and expertise each and every day across this country, including for you, our members. If you know an outstanding individual, group of volunteers, non-profit, charity, or business leader, consider making a CVA nomination. There are categories for:

  • Community leader – individuals or groups of volunteers who have taken a lead in developing solutions to social challenges
  • Emerging leader – young volunteers (18-30) who have demonstrated exceptional leadership
  • Social innovator – not-for-profit organizations that find and use innovative approaches to social challenges
  • Business leader – businesses that demonstrate social responsibility, promote and facilitate volunteerism; social enterprises (for-profit and not-for-profit) dedicated to created social, cultural or environmental benefit for their communities
  • Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement – individuals who have volunteered for at least 20 years and inspired or led others, or made exceptional achievements as a volunteer

There are twenty regional awards – four for each of the five regions across Canada – and one national award. Each regional award winner receives $5,000 toward a non-profit of choice, and the national award winner receives $10,000 toward a non-profit of choice.

As the Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, announced during National Volunteer Week, this “is the time to say thank you to those who are committed to building stronger and more resilient communities.” Nominations can be submitted until June 21, 2019. For more information, see the Nomination Guidelines.

Noteworthy is provided for general information purposes and does not constitute legal or professional advice. Every organization’s circumstances are unique. Before acting on the basis of information contained in this blog, readers should consult with a qualified lawyer for advice specific to their situation.