CCCC is regularly engaged with government and has reached out to the federal government with a note expressing gratitude for the immediate measures being put in place to financially assist charities during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can read the letter of thanks here:
We also recognize that more support will be needed to meet the needs of charities as they adapt and display resiliency to carry out their mission.
We have endorsed Imagine Canada’s request to the government for additional funding and measures that will assist the sector in its ability to support communities throughout this crisis.
Some of the key concerns include:
- Limited cash reserves
- Inability to access emergency capital
- Fundraising and fee-for-service programs are at a virtual standstill
- Demand for charity’s services increase during times of economic certainty
- Volunteer shortages for human and social service operations
- Cost of providing essential community services has increased
You can read the letter here.
Charity leaders are invited to share how they are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic within their organization in our online community forum The Green: COVID-19 Response Room.
- Coronavirus: Inform & Prepare Your Organization
- COVID-19: T3010 Filing Extension & CCCC Resources
- Essential Workplaces in Ontario: What about Churches and Charities?
- COVID-19: Government Support for Charities
- COVID-19: CCCC Advocates for Churches
- COVID-19: CCCC Advocates for Churches – UPDATE
- COVID-19: Ontario Limits Gatherings to FIVE people
- COVID-19: Manitoba Limits Public Gatherings to TEN people
- COVID-19: Ontario PGT Allows Charities to Access Restricted Funds
- COVID-19: Provincial and Territorial Reference Chart
- COVID-19: Options for Corporate AGMs in Ontario
- COVID-19: Corporations Canada Extends Return Deadlines
- COVID-19: Churches, Gathering Limits & Virtual Worship
- COVID-19: Canada Summer Jobs 2020 Expansion
- COVID-19: Alberta Suspends In-Person Meetings under Societies Act
- COVID-19: Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) Q&A
- COVID-19: CRA Charities Directorate Resumes Call Centre Operations
- COVID-19: CCCC Calls for a Matching Funds Program to Support Charities
- COVID-19: Flexibility for Corporate AGMs in BC, Nova Scotia, Ontario
- COVID-19: Accessing Restricted Funds – Clarifications from the Ontario Public Guardian & Trustee
- COVID-19: Re-Opening Plans Across Canada
- COVID-19: A Call to Include Religious Organizations in Re-Opening Plan
- COVID-19: Options for Federal Corporate AGMs
- COVID-19: Privacy Commissioner’s Videoconferencing Tips
- COVID-19: National Survey – Finding the Way Forward Together
- COVID-19: Ontario Allows Drive-in Worship Services
- COVID-19: Private Schools Now Eligible for CEWS
- COVID-19: Canada Emergency Community Support Fund Applications Open!
- COVID-19: Virtual AGMs in Saskatchewan & Manitoba
- COVID-19: CEWS Consultation
- Church Doors Are Opening!
- Ontario Churches & Re-Opening Guidance
- AGM Deadline Extended for Federal Charities
Noteworthy is provided for general information purposes and does not constitute legal or professional advice. Every organization’s circumstances are unique. Before acting on the basis of information contained in this blog, readers should consult with a qualified lawyer for advice specific to their situation.