CCCC is regularly engaged with government and has reached out to the federal government with a note expressing gratitude for the immediate measures being put in place to financially assist charities during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can read the letter of thanks here:
We also recognize that more support will be needed to meet the needs of charities as they adapt and display resiliency to carry out their mission.
We have endorsed Imagine Canada’s request to the government for additional funding and measures that will assist the sector in its ability to support communities throughout this crisis.
Some of the key concerns include:
- Limited cash reserves
- Inability to access emergency capital
- Fundraising and fee-for-service programs are at a virtual standstill
- Demand for charity’s services increase during times of economic certainty
- Volunteer shortages for human and social service operations
- Cost of providing essential community services has increased
You can read the letter here.
Charity leaders are invited to share how they are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic within their organization in our online community forum The Green: COVID-19 Response Room.
Noteworthy is provided for general information purposes and does not constitute legal or professional advice. Every organization’s circumstances are unique. Before acting on the basis of information contained in this blog, readers should consult with a qualified lawyer for advice specific to their situation.