ARE YOU THE ONE WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
Are you a dynamic information and knowledge management professional who is passionate about using your skills and charity experience to serve Jesus Christ and benefit thousands of Christian charities across Canada? Do you love the challenge of organizing and structuring up-to-date information resources in an accessible and logical format? If so, our growing Christian ministry has an opportunity that you may be interested in!
WOULD YOU ENJOY DOING THIS WORK?
In this newly created full time position you’d be part of a fast-paced and collaborative team that helps Christian charities be exemplary, healthy, and effective. In particular, you’d be responsible for…
- Managing and maintaining the CCCC Member Resource Knowledge Bank: You will use innovative tools and resources to ensure the Member Resource Knowledge Bank is up-to-date and contains leading edge charity-related information in an organized and user-friendly format. This will also include ensuring the online CCCC Charities Handbook is updated and contains current and relevant information. In addition, you will manage vendor relations connected to knowledge bank projects and initiatives.
- Identifying and Managing Opportunities to Create and Add New Material to the Knowledge Bank: You will work with your team members to identify, develop and integrate new information resources (including on-line content, books, and other publications) that will enhance and empower the work of Christian Charities in Canada.
- Sharing Knowledge: You will write articles, facilitate workshops and webinars, and, as opportunities arise, speak at conferences.
- Participating on Project Teams: You will provide input and expertise, from a knowledge management perspective, on various projects.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE …
- Passionate About Organizing Information
You have a strong track record of structuring and organizing information in logical and user-friendly formats to maximize the benefit for end-users.
- Skilled at Using Technology
You excel at leveraging different forms of technology (e.g., websites, databases and other software) to organize large amounts of information and make it readily accessible to users.
- An Excellent Communicator
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by effective blog posts, articles or other written pieces.
- A Competent Project Manager
You work best in a collaborative team environment and can take the lead or participate on project teams as needed. You have superior organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills and build strong working relationships with others.
- Adept at Learning on the Fly.
You quickly grasp the essence and the underlying structure of things and are good at learning a new industry, company, or technical knowledge.
- Collaborative and Innovative.
You love working within a collaborative and innovative team and have a proven track record of building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Management, Library Science, or a related field (equivalencies will be considered)
- Minimum five (5) years’ knowledge or publication management experience
- Above-average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to write articles and web content as well as the ability to speak at seminars and conferences.
- Solid Computer skills (including word-processing, spreadsheets, database, and web-related software)
- Experience working with Christian charities (e.g., as an employee, volunteer, professional service provider, or board member).
- Excellent research, project management, and social media skills
This position is based at CCCC’s office in Elmira, Ontario.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING TO THIS ROLE?
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please register as a job seeker with ChristianCharityJobs.ca. We will be accepting applications until end of the day, May 24, 2019.
As a Christian ministry, CCCC is committed to improving accessibility and removing barriers for applicants with disabilities to participate in our recruitment process. Accommodation is available, upon request, for the interview process and any other candidate selection methods that may be used.
Ministry Focus: Parachurch – other
Employment Status: Full time