In response to changing circumstances related to COVID-19, the public and private sectors are finding ways to adapt, including by extending deadlines and moving to online services. CRA Charities Directorate is no exception. It recently announced the deadline for all T3010 filings due between March 18, 2020 – December 31, 2020 will be extended to December 31, 2020.
If you aren’t already using CRA’s online My Business Account, now is a great time to familiarize yourself. As we have seen over the last few weeks, preparing to move your organization to online operation is essential.
Please note that the CRA Charities Directorate call centre services are temporarily suspended until April 3rd, 2020 inclusively. Typically, our call centre and support team are available exclusively to CCCC members, but we want to make this service available to all charities that may require support until April 3rd. We invite you to call or email us for help.
Here are just a few resources available to you:
COVID-19 Response Room in The Green
CCCC has set up an online community forum in The Green to address questions and concerns related to COVID-19 and your charity. New discussion threads are posted regularly, and CCCC staff will point you to additional resources and information that will assist you. You will discover how other charities are navigating operational issues and learn from one another. Join the COVID-19 Response Room by sending us an email requesting access.
We also encourage you to use our online resources, which are accessible with a CCCC membership. You will find articles, webinars, checklists and templates that can serve your charity well.
CCCC is here to help you through these uncertain times. We encourage you to reach out if you require assistance and we will be happy to serve you.
- Coronavirus: Inform & Prepare Your Organization
- COVID-19: T3010 Filing Extension & CCCC Resources
- Essential Workplaces in Ontario: What about Churches and Charities?
- COVID-19: Government Support for Charities
- COVID-19: CCCC Advocates for Churches
- COVID-19: CCCC Advocates for Churches – UPDATE
- COVID-19: Ontario Limits Gatherings to FIVE people
- COVID-19: Manitoba Limits Public Gatherings to TEN people
- COVID-19: Ontario PGT Allows Charities to Access Restricted Funds
- COVID-19: Provincial and Territorial Reference Chart
- COVID-19: Options for Corporate AGMs in Ontario
Noteworthy is provided for general information purposes and does not constitute legal or professional advice. Every organization’s circumstances are unique. Before acting on the basis of information contained in this blog, readers should consult with a qualified lawyer for advice specific to their situation.