In response to changing circumstances related to COVID-19, the public and private sectors are finding ways to adapt, including by extending deadlines and moving to online services. CRA Charities Directorate is no exception. It recently announced the deadline for all T3010 filings due between March 18, 2020 – December 31, 2020 will be extended to December 31, 2020.
If you aren’t already using CRA’s online My Business Account, now is a great time to familiarize yourself. As we have seen over the last few weeks, preparing to move your organization to online operation is essential.
Please note that the CRA Charities Directorate call centre services are temporarily suspended until April 3rd, 2020 inclusively.
Here are just a few CCCC resources available to you:
COVID-19 Response Room in The Green
CCCC has set up an online community forum in The Green to address questions and concerns related to COVID-19 and your charity. New discussion threads are posted regularly, and CCCC staff will point you to additional resources and information that will assist you. You will discover how other charities are navigating operational issues and learn from one another. Join the COVID-19 Response Room by sending us an email requesting access.
If you are not a member of CCCC, we invite you to join today to access our full collection of resources and our team of experts who can answer your questions and provide additional guidance. CCCC is here to help you through these uncertain times. We encourage you to reach out if you require assistance and we will be happy to serve you.
- Coronavirus: Inform & Prepare Your Organization
- COVID-19: T3010 Filing Extension & CCCC Resources
- Essential Workplaces in Ontario: What about Churches and Charities?
- COVID-19: Government Support for Charities
- COVID-19: CCCC Advocates for Churches
- COVID-19: CCCC Advocates for Churches – UPDATE
- COVID-19: Ontario Limits Gatherings to FIVE people
- COVID-19: Manitoba Limits Public Gatherings to TEN people
- COVID-19: Ontario PGT Allows Charities to Access Restricted Funds
- COVID-19: Provincial and Territorial Reference Chart
- COVID-19: Options for Corporate AGMs in Ontario
- COVID-19: Corporations Canada Extends Return Deadlines
- COVID-19: Churches, Gathering Limits & Virtual Worship
- COVID-19: Canada Summer Jobs 2020 Expansion
- COVID-19: Alberta Suspends In-Person Meetings under Societies Act
- COVID-19: Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) Q&A
- COVID-19: CRA Charities Directorate Resumes Call Centre Operations
- COVID-19: CCCC Calls for a Matching Funds Program to Support Charities
- COVID-19: Flexibility for Corporate AGMs in BC, Nova Scotia, Ontario
- COVID-19: Accessing Restricted Funds – Clarifications from the Ontario Public Guardian & Trustee
- COVID-19: Re-Opening Plans Across Canada
- COVID-19: A Call to Include Religious Organizations in Re-Opening Plan
- COVID-19: Options for Federal Corporate AGMs
- COVID-19: Privacy Commissioner’s Videoconferencing Tips
- COVID-19: National Survey – Finding the Way Forward Together
- COVID-19: Ontario Allows Drive-in Worship Services
- COVID-19: Private Schools Now Eligible for CEWS
- COVID-19: Canada Emergency Community Support Fund Applications Open!
- COVID-19: Virtual AGMs in Saskatchewan & Manitoba
- COVID-19: CEWS Consultation
- Church Doors Are Opening!
- Ontario Churches & Re-Opening Guidance
- AGM Deadline Extended for Federal Charities
Noteworthy is provided for general information purposes and does not constitute legal or professional advice. Every organization’s circumstances are unique. Before acting on the basis of information contained in this blog, readers should consult with a qualified lawyer for advice specific to their situation.