The Charities Directorate announced today that its call centre has resumed operations. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays), 9am – 5 pm, local time at 1-800-267-2384.
The news release notes that the Directorate is working toward a gradual resumption of other services, such as online registrations. Audit activities continue to be suspended until further notice.
Other reminders from CRA include:
- T3010 filing deadline is extended to December 31, 2020, for all charities with a return due between March 18, 2020 and December 31, 2020
- Registering for online services through My Business Account gives charities and charity representatives access to new digital services for charities, including the ability to complete and file an online Form T3010
- More information on tax measures and benefits is available online, including the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), which you can apply for in CRA’s My Account or over the phone
Charity leaders are invited to share how they are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic within their organization in our online community forum, The Green: COVID-19 Response Room. New discussion threads are posted regularly, and CCCC staff will point you to additional resources and information that will assist your ministry throughout these uncertain times.
We also encourage you to subscribe to our CCCC blogs for timely updates sent directly to your inbox. CCCC members can also access all of our online resources in the Member Resources, and can contact our team for additional guidance. CCCC continues to maintain regular service levels for all of our members.
If you are not a member of CCCC, we invite you to join today to access our collection of resources, templates and sample documents and our team of experts available to answer your questions and provide guidance. We would love to serve your ministry team and board.
Posted April 21 @12:00pm
- Coronavirus: Inform & Prepare Your Organization
- COVID-19: T3010 Filing Extension & CCCC Resources
- Essential Workplaces in Ontario: What about Churches and Charities?
- COVID-19: Government Support for Charities
- COVID-19: CCCC Advocates for Churches
- COVID-19: CCCC Advocates for Churches – UPDATE
- COVID-19: Ontario Limits Gatherings to FIVE people
- COVID-19: Manitoba Limits Public Gatherings to TEN people
- COVID-19: Ontario PGT Allows Charities to Access Restricted Funds
- COVID-19: Provincial and Territorial Reference Chart
- COVID-19: Options for Corporate AGMs in Ontario
- COVID-19: Corporations Canada Extends Return Deadlines
- COVID-19: Churches, Gathering Limits & Virtual Worship
- COVID-19: Canada Summer Jobs 2020 Expansion
- COVID-19: Alberta Suspends In-Person Meetings under Societies Act
- COVID-19: Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) Q&A
- COVID-19: CRA Charities Directorate Resumes Call Centre Operations
- COVID-19: CCCC Calls for a Matching Funds Program to Support Charities
- COVID-19: Flexibility for Corporate AGMs in BC, Nova Scotia, Ontario
- COVID-19: Accessing Restricted Funds – Clarifications from the Ontario Public Guardian & Trustee
- COVID-19: Re-Opening Plans Across Canada
- COVID-19: A Call to Include Religious Organizations in Re-Opening Plan
- COVID-19: Options for Federal Corporate AGMs
- COVID-19: Privacy Commissioner’s Videoconferencing Tips
- COVID-19: National Survey – Finding the Way Forward Together
- COVID-19: Ontario Allows Drive-in Worship Services
- COVID-19: Private Schools Now Eligible for CEWS
- COVID-19: Canada Emergency Community Support Fund Applications Open!
- COVID-19: Virtual AGMs in Saskatchewan & Manitoba
- COVID-19: CEWS Consultation
Noteworthy is provided for general information purposes and does not constitute legal or professional advice. Every organization’s circumstances are unique. Before acting on the basis of information contained in this blog, readers should consult with a qualified lawyer for advice specific to their situation.